Thursday, March 18, 2010

MY ADOLESCENCE (autobiography)

Gone are the days of my childhood -joy, when i was alone in the world, with this world in a remote rural setup with ponds ,canals rivers , trees, jungle &bush,birds,ducks,boats,space ,silence ,clouds , sky and I on a branch of mango tree with a "jhinuk"(tropical shell rubbed unto a whole to slice green mango and of course salt in a paper-wrap.Overmore, my three marbels snd top in my pocket. What more I needed , then, to meet Nature every when and play with.
Never knew the date when adolescence crept within me and started teasing me out to my next life of physical joy.soon I started noticing my physical differences on the backdrop of my cousin girls and neighbours ,started feeling new pleasures of (was ii or 12)living.then during puja fest, went to two-village away Jalabari' where ome of my aunty lived and they were well off. During puja festival they were staging a play with the opening chorus song and dance with ten girls. Really, there were nine only and my didi (sister, 8-9 years older) found in my frail body and fair skin suitable 'girl' to recruit the tenth artist and placed me in front as a partner to the girl, 4/5 yrs younger and the rehearsal started without counting my side of feeling amongst nine girls.This girls name was Sabita, my Aunty's relative from another place ,very beautiful and the rehearsal started with our one arm around the waist of the other and lifting the chin with the other. Try to nderstand me, -I was 12/13 then !(contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment