Friday, September 13, 2013

BALLAD OF SEVEN-DECADE - ROMANCE

Yes,   that  was  my  sweet  fifteen
and   I  was  a  rural  boy
urbanized  in  the  District -  town  just  a  year
and  was  dying  for   a 'girl-friend '  or  feminine -love .
some  when was  lucky  to  meet  one
and  proposed .

She  smiled  and   looked  straight  in  my  eyes
advised  me  then
',go  home  and  see  your    face  in  a  mirror ' ----
and  I  agreed  and  did  as  advised .
Admit -----
was  not  happy   with  my  own  face .
Since  then ,   have  been  scanning  my  face
all  different  ways .

It   took  now  almost  seven  decades  to  know
and   even  today ,  I agree  with  her observation  then .

Now  even  my   new  friend  says
'It  is  too late   for  any  romance  dear '.
And  again ,  I  agreed
and   am  still  shaping  my  'Facebook- shape '.
 ______________________________
Composed : Half -an -hour  back .


No comments:

Post a Comment