Saturday, November 3, 2012

FOLK   SONG   OF   BENGAL

Where am  I  now
even,  whom to ask  !
 no one  can I  see far  or  near
alone  , I  walk  the  walk
my  tired  soul, rest  here  for  some time more
and  let  my  mind muse  within !

Where  you  dream  to  reach
whom you  desire  to  love
do you , even, yourself   know ?
why  you look  so anxious  with  your  thirsty  eyes
In  our whole  life -span, --either  end   has  no  identity

Life  is  now  stretched  in front  and   -its no  doll's  house
was born through  so  many  adverse  snaps !

 Even  the  horizon  looking   askance  to  Sky  above
 Who knows , --where  is Destination ;  or  the  final End !
 Rather  look  inward  and  ask, now ,your  soul .

( Was written in Bengal, early  !970-s. never published  nor rendered into  tune ;  now  trransliterated)

No comments:

Post a Comment