Monday, June 8, 2015

DELHI T.V PRESENTS Dr. P.Basu M.D as an Artist

                                                                                                                                                  P      IV
       :an  Artist    because  I  was  a  poet  . I  had  only  to  transfer  them  on  some others  visuals             field  and I  wanted  the  medium  to  be  some  thing  new  and  at  the  same  time  within my             reach .
Mrs . Pandey :   do you  think  that your  being  a  doctor helped you  being  an  Artist  ?
P. B :  I  think  it  did . You  see   from  Anatomy   I  learnt  abut  the   physical  state  of  a  living              being  or  the  Man ;  the  normal  the  abnormal  ;  the  proportion  , the  disproportion .
      from higher  medical  studies i  learnt  about    abou   the  disease, the  health, the  sick . I  saw             and  learnt  directly  the  state  of suffering   from   disease  and   return  of  happiness when                 cured ; even  the  collective  picture  of  sorrow  in  relatives after  a  death .  And  all  these                scenario-s  helped me   to  intensify  my  feeling   inner  state  of being . Being  a  doctor  I  think         I  had  the  maximum  scope to  know   the  outside  and  inside   of  a  man   more and better than       any  other  on  beig on a  better  stage  than  Art-school  studio .
Mrs  Pandey :  Is  it not  ESCAPISM  that  being  a  doctor  you  try  to  engage   yourself  in  the                field  of  Art and  Poetry  ?
P.B : I  do  not  know  , -  how you  people   spell   ESCAPISM  or extract  meaning  out  of  it  !
         So  far   I  am  learnt , Escapism is  ruunning  away  from  the   realities  of  Life  and  Living               to  a  negative  World .
         Here ,  you  yourself  admit  that  I  am  a  doctor and  am    orking in  responsible  job .Then ,               even i  am  a  family  man   and am    neglecting  my  family  responsibilities .  over  more  you           are recognizing me  as  a  Poet  , Painter  and  sculptor .
          Now   living  so  intensely  and  being   so  much  more  involved  in  life   , -  is  it  escapism.             If  that  is   so  then  let  me  put  it  in  another way .;
           Leonardo - da - vinci ;  an  engineer , an  anatomist , a  mathematician , a  philosopher, the                 designer  of Aeroplane  and  finally   the   Painter of  immortal  Mona -Lisa  !  Was  he  not  too         , - a n Escapist ? Or  Sir  Winston  Churchill , the  Soldier , the  Prime  minister , the  hero  of                  World War II, the  winner  of  Noble  Prize  and  even  a  painter  and a  brick-layer. Would                you  name  him  , -- an  Escapist !

No comments:

Post a Comment