Thursday, June 11, 2015

MEMOIR  :
========
It  was  1986 ( ? )  that    my   mother  was  ailing  in  Calcutta  after  she  fell   from   the  bed  in  my  sister's  house(Santoshpur )   and  I  rushed  from  Delhi    to  be  by  her   side  . It  was   also  the   last  time  then  that  I  visited    Dakshineshwar  Temple and  drew  sketches  of  Ramakrisna   as   a  prayer  for   cure  of  my   mother .
Soon  I  started  again reading  ' Kathamrita '  &  " Leela   Prasanga " , Complete  Works    of  Swami  Vivekananda  and  other  book  e,g  Books  of  Romain Rolland , Max  Muller  ,  also  by  Girish   Ghosh   and  Advutananda (  Latu   Maharaj ). 
Then  then  I  came  to learn   that   Ramakrshna   in  his  last   days   and while  ill was  taken  away  by  his   12  young   disciples    to  Cossipur  
After wads   I  also  learnt  that    Swami  Vivekananda   after  coming  from  USA  was  not    allowed   to  enter  the  Temple  at  Dakshineshwar   for  he    crossed  " Kaalaa paani "(over-sea  crossing to  USA )  and  also because  Swamiji  befriended  foreigners (  Americans )  and  made  them   'disciples '.
That  was  on  me  like  the  ' last straw  on  camel's  back    and took  a  vow    not  to  visit Dakshineshar  any  more  for  devotional   practices  or  even  otherwise
 *************                                      **********************

Now  for last  seven  years  and  also  after  coming from  USA  (  with  OCI ) , I  have   settled  permanently   in   konnagar , ( on the  bank  of  Gonga ), W.B   and  yet  have  not  visited    Dakshineshwar  even  once  though  I  am  now    more  devoted  to  Vivekananda    and  Ramakishna -SreeMaa  and  am  even  reading  and  writing    more  about them , as  a   self -styled  devotee.
I    think  , Spiritually  ,  these  spiritual  giant  - soul-s  are  no  more  linked  with    that  Temple  .  I  even  learnt  that  this  organisation  is  now   run by  different   system  and  not connected  with  Belur Math   in  true  sense .

Of  course   this  is   only my    personal  view  and  closed -circuit  -information.
 _____________________________________________________________
Composed  : June  / 12 / 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment