Tuesday, October 5, 2010

AUTO BIOGRAPHY : LOSS & GAIN XXIII

Soon I found that my loss i,e the chance to romantic closness to girls were well compensated. I got my happiest time being in Bangabasi College. No ragging - those days , enough crowd in the class to hide from teacher's notice( my section was Y i.e all English aphabets were well utilised by the blessings of Refugee -influx and three colleges - Bangabasi, Surendranath & Vidaya sagar college were nearest to Sealdah Rly station and welcomed all the refugee -boys from outside Calcutta. Those were the days after Independence and partition . Those were the days of communal-kilings and joy of Freedom and like the famous story of 'Tale of two Cities' , it was the best time for us , teen-age-students, and worst time of poitical uncertainty ,migrating suffering and starving refugees ,communal Kiling- games, Scarcity , post-famine starvation and chaotic social divides.
But I was a boy of 15-16 and everything made me happy including riots , as if I was enjoying a 'cock-fight' game everywhere ! Overmore , I was a boy from remote village and was hungry like a baby animal for something to thrive upon.
My college was wonderful with 170 students in my Y-section and the lecturer needed a binocular to find me and that was a great joy or liberty ,against the background of those rural restrictions. And we already formed a team of musical Band to perform Week-end Radio -songs- programme known as 'ANURODHER ASAR'( Feast of Requested songs).
So , now I had no sorrow or sense of loss , losing the chance of being closer to girls of Scottish Church College had no effect on me and really had no time for grief, as I had hundreds of things to know and expeience in the famous Capital city of CALCUTTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment