Friday, October 22, 2010

REMINISCENCE ( AUTOBIOGRAPHY)

DON"T NO WHY ? Don't know why God chose me for giving a good memory ! Really I don't know . ! But even to day at the age of past 80 I can rememeber events , or almost visualise them as if they happenened yesterday. As if I am covering 'SPACE-TIME' in ' Time Machine " of H.G Wells. Now I am in Konnagar of West Bengal, and residing on a flat on the very bank of hoogly river , as if, the Divine has retrieved my chid -hood dream .Even more, the memory of Medical College -life is reconstructed by pre-destination and the fact that one of my college mate is the owner of the land where I have taken my shelter( won't betray her name -without sanction0). Any way ,the reminiscence begin from here. Almost a year back this colege-mate held a re-union of her classmates( she is one year junior to me) and I was also invited .I enjoyed the party and they liked my presence and also homoured by visiting the Art-Gallery of mine ( My Art Works ) on the same building.
Now in my earlier memoir (Autobiography ) I told about my boy -hood dream and of the girl - (some Dutta Roy) whom I qualified as the ' Queen-Bee" of the college and my Cinderella -dreams.As by pre-destination Jyoti of tteir grpup, who is now in Canada and who came to India and honoured this get-together , told me that -Dutta roy was now in Hyedrabad and he was going to visit her this time. Like some 'dimensional -jump' and time Machine -Play the whole picture of my college life 'played back' on the mental Screen. With all regards for Mark Twain, I have aready admitted in my early depiction.. But before I voyage to my next experience, I just give a quick similie from the great short story of Maupassant : There the dreamer boy , dreaming of his earler love (with seperation and loss of many years )- re-visited the villege to meet the loved-one , found a fat lady driving her herd of sheeps , identified her to be her Dream- girl and then managed to jump back to the waiting train without betraying his own indentity to the fat lady ( his one-time lover).
My Experience in life almost matched this great writer's story in another way: After being told about this 'Queen-bee' ( I was given her Mobile number even) , one day I dialed her number and got her on the Phone. I was still carrying my Cinderela -memory within and her wish of learning drawing from me.. I was so sure that my name and face must me dazzling bright in her memory. On phone she was very nice and polite and as sweet in her manners as before . But, oh Lord ! she could neither remember my name nor the identity of that famous Artist ( my self) of Pibis's Weekly -fame ! ( I was lost to her like a dropped bus-ticket). I felt Crest fallen ! So sure was I about my bright image and shining self in her mind , if not life ! Now it was a real ' Reaity - Show' - that day! I with my vivid memory of those days tried to Console mysef that with almost 80 yrs on her shoulder she must be like an 'Alzhimer' now ( and with more than 80 yrs I was still carrying the old bag of boy-hood memory !. Any way , thetalk on telephone stopped soon with ritualistic 'Thanks' and the shocking gap of a gulf-time , ever widening. I now think, Maupassan t would have envied my experience and would have liked to be born again to write another short story for the World .

No comments:

Post a Comment