Sunday, October 24, 2010

MY HAPPIEST CREATIVE JOY ! _II

Next part I shall rather offer to my readers through his( Umanath Bhattacharya )own published article, afterwards.
" Of Phani Basu. I confess, I had no knowledge at all. Who was he, what he was, what place he hails from-indeed all information about the man and his whereabouts was , until the other day . unknown to me..
Then happened the historic event.One fine morning in october 1977 after finishing the translation pf a poem of phani Basu that appeared in the Puja number of 'Samayanug' of the year I was absorbed in reciting it with verve as was my wont, when to my pleasant surprise,, Sri Deb Kumar Basu, the Editor of SAMAYNUG and the head of the well known publishing House , Vishwa Jnyan,Calcutta, stepped in and announced himsef. with him ws a gentleman with soft feature and an artistic aroma about him.When Debkumar introduced his com panion as his friend named Dr. Phani Basu M.D., I jumped to my feet with excitement and exclaimed - is he by any chance a poet also ?"
As my editor friend nodded affirmativey and the poet looked on, I spread before his view the transation of a romantic piece of his " Ami - Tari - Pakhi'( I am her bird) just completed and the ink was not dry til then. Presently ,I embraced him warmy and called him brother poet.
The effect ws tremendously dramatic.Whoever dreamt that the poet would come and grace my study and discover his own poem translated on that very hour of the historic day of uur first meeting ?"
By Umanath Bhattacharya, ; S-V 49, R.K. Puram, New Dehi -110 -022 ( Published in a Local Brochure).( Concluded)

No comments:

Post a Comment