Tuesday, October 5, 2010

AUTOBIGRAPHY; - CINDERELLA-DREAM XXV

So ! I was as happy as in my village life with no strict discipline thurst on me to make me a bound child. My father had his small Boarding House in Delhi and stayed there most of the year. . He was a quick tempered personality and his joy -ous mood with children lasted not more than an hour a day. And just nearing Puja -fest., it happened . He took me to the market to make purchases for some feast, bought a pair of Hilsa fish and gave to me to hold and carry. I was a geneticaly forget-ful boy and within next 10 minutes lost both of them while sitting near some shop .. Soon, while walking with him I suddenly found that my hands were empty - no fish . As I knew his temper and the open-Air beating waitng for me , I ran alone back home managed some cash from my mother's wooden box and decided to 'abscond' to come back never. I walked the whole distance from Sealdah to Governor's house , sat there, rested and then reluctantly bought a 2nd class tram ticket to Bally-gunje area. On the way a great, cinderella -dream popped up in me . I knew I was not that bad-looking and was a first Divisioner( a good record those days. So this was a chance to change my life than going back home and get a good beatting from my father. So I roamed around in Rashbihari area dreaming of my quick change in fate and fortune. After some time, I found a quite handsome (the daughter had to be beautiful too) old gentle man sitting near the gate and reading news paper . I stopped there ,asked for some help. He took quite some time before turning to me and then scanned me like a detective ( i was such a fool!, not even to take off my wrist watch). He then wasted no time to say -" ran away from home ?- But why ?' I was speech -less getting caught so off guard ( such dialogues were not expected in Cinderella story) . I tried to be a bit smart - 'Can you sir help me ? I need some money and somewhere to stay ', This time he looked some what like a stern teacher and told -' boy, go home and be good' and started reading his newspaper.. I stood a few second still and started loosing ground and backed outside . My Cinderella -dream of gaining a foothold and a princess were floating thin like chimney-smoke. I came back to BASU-SREE cinema Hall, bought a ticket with most of the money I had (except the return -fare) and went inside .The picture was already running with deep darkness around and within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment