Saturday, June 30, 2012

you  flew in  spreading your  fancy golden wing
the  cup did not  expect you; nor did I
the  steaming  tea was for me
after  the day's tiring work
the  cup  held much relief  for  me  !
But you came in  flapping  your  wings in the air !

Some* one
i his  bid  to to fly sky-high
burnt  himself  unto Death; in golden flame
( It's  a News  item )

The  terrific  speed of  rocket age
The  flaming  spirit of Vietnam
the  war  and  the spoils it hankers after !

The space-man wears a  a funeral  garland
but  what dream inspired  you  to  plunge
into this  liquid  death ?

Your death --I  promise  to perpetuate
on the  canvas of  my  eyes and  soul
But --what is the  length of  a  life
do you know ?

For the times
let your  corpse ---limp and wet
from  my finger-tips
on to the  dead  news-paper
close to the  spaceman  dead.

A cup of  steaming tea
was  'fate' to  you
just as  that  blazing  Space  is  to me  !


No comments:

Post a Comment