Thursday, October 22, 2009

MY CHIL HOOD ; PROBLEMS WITH TWO GODS -XV

That after the rai and before the autumn and I was on my fishing sport. In those days and in remote village we had to make our own fishing rod with bamboo branches , stiching thread and the had to be made secretly by stealing stitching sewing needle from my mothers box and going in the kichen in afternoon when others were in resting sleep after hard work. On a kerosine lamp I use to hold the needle pinned on a bamboo twig and bend it when it was red hot, with another iron rod or stick. Anyway that was no hard job for a village boy of any standard.
The story starts on the day when fishing alone for a long time on the canalside about two furlong from hour house. At last I got it on my hook and to my joy it was a big prawn with its red tentacles showing above the surface, By that time I was quite skilled in fishing but with prawn it was a harder game. Now the very sight of it stuck to my hook made me feel the winner of every thing desired in life. I went on praying loudly to my god, not to deprive me of this prize and I promized to serve god best, But as it was half way above the water, suddenly , it got released and fell bav=ck in water. I was so shocked and suddenly burst out crying and cursing god in all adjectives in my stock and denied his exis tence. I came back home crying and lay in my bed,.... suddenly i started thinking if the prawn had also had its god , it must have also prayed also hard for its life. Well then one of them had to win. After that I do not remember when I fell asleep and how it was settled between gods !

No comments:

Post a Comment