Wednesday, September 15, 2010

AUTO-BIOGRAPHY: What was it , -Love ? - I-

What was it , - love ?
It was 21st Century and I was aging more between 70 and 72 ( 2 years span between my my recorded and actual age.).I was living in USA with my family and a builder was constructing a 4-floor buiding in C.R .Park . Dehi, India , demolishing my three-decade old house and my belongings shifted to a rented groud floor Flat in F-block of CRpark.I came to India - alone for a moth's social visit and to know about the mode & speed of construction' on my plot.
It was April -time and I made a 7-days visit to calcutta as a guest to a lady who was a teacher, a friend of my wife and our tenant , all at the same time. I reached Calcutta by Rajdhani by 11-30 am, took the taxi and reached Salt Lake at about 1 pm. ..found the beautiful house ..got down and rang the bell. ...'who is it ? ' was the querey from with in and the response - ' decoit'- my old habit- response . She was iving there alone , a widow and her son in USA..She opened the window saw me and made a 'sweet -soft laugh' and said - wel come Dr. basu.'...there was another faminine voice beyond my sight ( may be a friend) .The house-keeper , a lady, unocked the gate and I walked straight to my room where I was once before for 2-3 days... And pushing in my carry-on luggage somewhere in the room and in a few minutes came out to meet my wiffe's friend ,our tenant ,and always -helpful lady for 12 years. After a few minutes & exchanges of informations she adressed the lady whose voice I heard at the gate and asked her to coome out.....And she came out , a lady of 40+. , soft and light Indian tropical skin (light -tanned) and spectacle. ' she is ...---(name) and like my daughter', a lecturer in Begali in -----------College and heard a lot from me about you'. We laughed in chorus said 'namashker' and with instant interest, as my habit enquired ---You are a Lecturer in Bengai, my gracious god, -what a good luck for me to know , for I am a literary-addict and must have heard from her (host) that I am a quack doctor . The host protested loud with gesture and told - 'she knows well about what you are and that you are a poet and artist too . and there wa a soft chorus of laughter from all sides ,
The host immediately ordered 'enough time reamins to talk more . Now take your bath ant get ready for lunch ..we all are hungry '' That was an apt decision and I got up from my seat and went to my room as i was really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment