Thursday, July 10, 2014

UN-TITLED   OR    ABSTRACT  
=======================
Nothing    happens   in  my life ;  as  I  plan  or  desire
be   it  Love  or  Hatred  ,  as  deep  as  I  feel
Somewhere   within, -  there  is   fissure  or  crack
or  like  termite-  eaten  gap  built up
or  all,   some  where  lost !
Or ;  like  flowing  water  glide   down
with  nothing    to  bind  me  anymore !

Who  is  there  now   close   as --  sweet  and  dear !
  Can't even   feel  the pain  in heart in  your  suffering
Or  what  is  there , any  more,  close  to  my  Soul
to  invite  fore  a  while   to  to  be  close  plead  to   stay !

It  happens  no  more ;  to  look  or  feel ,  even  love
or  sitting  close  
 with  my  face   stuck  to  my  bosom -and
stare  and  sip  or   look  on  and  on  at  your  smiling  face 1
Or  even  in   your  utter  distress  - - - - - - - -
don't  feel  the   melting  tears  rolling  down my  cheek !

Then --------------
then   shall  all   my   waiting   days   in  my  coming   Life
 drop  or  shrivel   like  withered  flower ; in the  end - and
even   before  the  Sun-set  tinge  of   life  
 signals   my    Departure  Time !

Where  and  whom   shall  I  , at  least , find and  learn  to  love
even  that  signalling  sign
I  do  not   find  or   feel   any  more  in me
to  try  !
 ______________________________________________________________
A  Bengali  poem  composed  in  1960-s  .  Transliteration  now   for  Poetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment