Sunday, July 13, 2014

DIVINE   DESPAIR
==============
Evading  co -  wives  : happiness  and  sorrow
she  steals  into  my  room
Who  is   she , even  I  desire  to let  all  know
if  I  discover  ever , her  identity !

When  darkness deepens ;   high wind  rise
and  it rains ;  she  comes  to  keep  her  tryst
my  nights  and days ,  I   enjoy  with her   so  much
and often  I  pause  and  wonder  to  know
'who  is   she  to  me  ?!
You  all,  may  think , -  she    is  my  concubine
well ! ,  maybe!

Yet  so  UN-fortunate  am  I
Can't  even  set  apart  an  intimate  hour
when  love  for  her  swells  within  my  heart
and  friends  hang  on   from    all  my  sides
 the  Sun  and  sky  keep  vigilance  too !

That  is  why
when  the   co-wives   sleep   or  snore, --we  meet
she  and  I

Name  it  illicit  love , if  you  like
but  I  am  helpless  too
Engrossed  I  live  some  nights  and  days  with  her !
Not  a  friend , nor  a  wife  , nor  even   a  relation - yet
I  ponder  ever  to  know  ;  who  she  is  to  me  !
 Is  she  a   Mistress  or  a  concubine  ? !
--well,  maybe !!
__________________________________________________________________________
Composed   In   Bengali   before  1980-s ; published  in  " MURDERED  MOON  AND  OTHER  POEMS "  ( 1982, Delhi ); now   placed  it  for  Poetry.com .


No comments:

Post a Comment