Thursday, July 24, 2014

                 
                                            2
The  sensitive  spring  -wind  was    all   around , playing  with  me
inviting  where!
Just then  within  me  my  Soul  in   joy  stirred  my   heart  and  announced
'will  get it   I  know it  - here '!

We  had  our  desire         to    find  some   place   and rest
under  some  way - side  tree  and   be  together  a little  too  close
Like  some  bird flying  afar    and  gliding down   on  its  ripened -field
or  close  to  its nest  ; to  its  lover !

As  the  afternoon  rolled  , time  was  slipping  by ,   I    forgot  to  measure  it
yet  in  silence ,  it   submitted   to  my   urge  and    eagerness.
Even then  there was  distant  Sun-shine   with  summer  heat
and   tree-shades  somewhere    near  by ;  lone  and  free.

Something  stirred   I   guess  ; I  sensed  a    pleasant    breeze
and  as I  turned  and  looked  up ;  you  were   there
 looking deep   through my  eyes  , surprising  me
with   beacon-  smile  there  within !
***************            ******************         *****************
                    - - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -                    - - - - -- - -- - -- -- - -
The  sun  even  now  is   sliding  down  and  we  to  depart  ;  each other's  way
 this   deep  green   signal of  love  under the  shade  of  our   path   kept   pleaded  us to  stay
Everything    seemed   so  short  lived  and  slipping     yet   all    will    keep  its  time    
my  return to  my  den  will  be  a  bit  lonely ;   don't  know   about  your  way  !
_____________________________________________________________
Composed  in  Bengali   some  when  in  mid-1950-s ;  Transliteration  now .

No comments:

Post a Comment