Sunday, December 22, 2013

IT IS SUN DAY , TO DAY

It  is  Sunday  to  day
and I  propose
not  to  mind   the  world - outside
good bye   to  all  haggling
Shall take my  seat  by  the   the  window
and  call  the  Vendor -sky.

Have  earned  this  day
from  the  clutches  of  my  'Boss'
forgoing  the lure  of  overtime  pay.

To day is  Sunday  and  at  my  disposal
There  is  none to  bother  me
no  'Employer's  frowning ;no  fear --
 of  massacre  in  my  personal  file
No  forced  obedience !

Sitting  by  my window
shall  cal  the  'hawker - sky '
and buy  a  strip  of  azure-blue
that will  present  me Sun-shine  by  day
and  by  night  --
the  Unique  Chrysanthemum
on a star -spangled  tray
minding not  the  smoky  environ
or  explosion of  crackers
here and there !
________________________________
Bengali poem : Translated  by  Umanath  Bhattacharya and published  in  "Murdered  Moon " (1983); now  edited  and  submitted  for ' Share A  Poem ' .

No comments:

Post a Comment