Tuesday, September 9, 2014

BALLAD OF THE PEACE LOViNG MAN ; DYING IN PEACE TOO

LIVING  AND  DYING   IN  PEACE
(  True  story  )
He  was  an  old  man  , ever  lived alone  and  a  bachelor  all his  life
It  was   1980-s  in Delhi   ;   I  lived   within  two  lanes   distance.
He  was  a   gentleman and  retired  with  regular  Pension
Had  very  few  relatives   or  friends  ; was  mostly  alone
an  old  maid-servant   helped and served  as  , part -time-help
In  10 years  of  living  there,  I found  ,  he  quarreled  with  none
nor  he  was  seen    in   many places  except  on his  morning  walk

Yes,  you  can call  him  a  lonely  man   but  suffered  no  loneliness
his   was  a  smiling  face  always  and ; no  visitor or  regular  friends
ever  visited    him  so  far  I  observed  , living  so  close  to  his self .
Was  neither  a  sick  man   nor  frail  as  a  doctor  I  a  can  tell
nor  did  he  visit  his  ' Health- care. '   often ; so  far  I knew myself  .


Then  one  day    at  middle   of  night      he  died  in  his  sleep
 In the  morning   the house- maid    found ; she  told   land  -lord, quick
Not  any  relative  any  visitor   came  to  condole  his  death
nor  even    creditors  rushed   I  know,  only  next  door -one-s  present.

On  morning walks  we  met  often   and  only  smiles  exchanged
we  neither    gossiped  nor talked  often   on  any issue  or  pretense
He  lived  with  his   silence ever  and   died  in   silence   now   know
he disturbed   not   nor  troubled  one   as death  visited   in the  end!

Now  one  was  there  by  his  side  when   his    Death  entered  in
the  other   ONE  was  his beloved  God  , I  think  was  with  him !
______________________________________________________
Composed  on   09 / Sept ./ 2014  as  my  memory   inspired  me 

No comments:

Post a Comment