Friday, September 5, 2014

SUN  SET   LOVE   &  EVE-TIME  TUNE :

    Octave  -  1

Why  this  meeting   or  this  Eve-time    Song
Is  it    some    demand  of   Conscious    design
Or    a   whim   of  some  higher  Time.

It  is   I  repeat,  my  sun-set  tine ,
not  a life  of  festive  joy
Nor   the  spirit  of  child-hood
or  Mid-term   life
Now the  TIME
plays  to  the   beating  notes  of
Shiva's   dissolution-  dance
on  my   waning  life.

Far  ,  too  far
too    much  far    I   have  drifted
leaving  all    my  green  memories   behind
so ,!, -  why  are  we   here  friend ,
is  it  your   or   my  fault
in  this   time  of  sliding  Sun ? !
____________________________________________________
Bengali  Poem  ( of    2000 +  ) ;  published  ; Transliteration  now .


No comments:

Post a Comment